Message from Dr. Deepak Patkar, President IRIA
We are glad to inform you that IRIA has “Raksha” program for the welfare of the women and girl child. The Raksha program of IRIA aims to provide goodwill to girls especially from the lower economic strata with earnest inputs on our behalf.
Theme of the year 2020: IRIA FOR MOTHERS & DAUGHTERS
“A RUPEE A DAY FOR UNDERPRIVILEGED MOTHERS & DAUGHTERS”
Aims of Raksha IRIA:
- Movement for ‘Save the Girl Child’.
- Eradicate the slur of sex determination and female feticide from the society.
- Spread awareness in the society about the importance of girl child in the family, education, safety, and women empowerment.
- This year, Raksha Committee is working exclusively on underprivileged ‘Mothers and Daughters’theme along with above objectives.
- To celebrate International Day of the Girl Child on 11th October by organizing multiple activities for the underprivileged Mothers and Daughters.
Plans for Raksha activities in the year 2020:
- To organize Raksha Camps country wide and distribute kits for Mothers and Daughters.
Mother’s kit: Hand Sanitizers, Face Mask, Sanitary pads, nutritional supplements like Jaggery & pee nut Chikki etc. and Hand Gloves
Daughter’s kit: School bag, lunch box, stationery etc.
- Installation of Sanitary vending machines in Govt. Schools in under privileged areas.
- Talks/Videos on women empowerment, safety, cleanliness & hygiene, nutrition, education and awareness on Breast and Cervical Cancer.
- Awareness on COVID-19.
- Awareness on Mental Health.
- Sensitizing the Society to give importance to education of the Girl Child instead of saving money for Dowry.
- To organize ‘run/walkathon for the girl child’.
We are glad to inform that the Raksha Program shall be launched on Sunday 14th June 2020 at 09.00 am through a virtual online platform. Shri Om Birla, Member of Parliament and Speaker of Lok Sabha has kindly consented to launch the Raksha Program of IRIA.
On 14th June, the Raksha Team and volunteers will distribute kits to the underprivileged Mothers & Daughters across the country.
The Mother & Daughter kit consists of:
- Washable cotton face masks (2-3)
- Packet of sanitary pads (at least 4 pads)
- Nutritional supplements e.g. CHIKKI made up of Jaggery & pea nuts and small biscuit packets
- Hand Gloves (optional)
Raksha Committee has planned to distribute 2 lakhs kits in next two months.
The Raksha team is making awareness videos for masses in local languages too. These awareness videos will be made viral in masses.
The Raksha activities shall be carried out in all the cities/states through the state/UT chapters of IRIA. All the state/UT chapters of IRIA has enthusiastically come forward to conduct Raksha activities in various cities in their states.
All the members are requested to come forward and organize Raksha activities in all the cities of your respective state chapter on 14th June 2020 in a big way.
The report of Raksha activities shall be published in the June issue of the e-Newsletter.
Please District administration should be involved to avoid any chaos.
Please keep social distancing while doing this noble act of kindness for the underprivileged mothers and daughters in the society.
Dr. Deepak Patkar
Dr. Rajeev Singh
Secretary General IRIA
Dr. Sangeeta Saxena
Chairperson, Raksha Committee